Sunday, January 31, 2010

Winter has returned


Good Morning my lovelies!
So it is almost the afternoon c'est la vie. Lorenzo is rubbing his face all over my elbows while I type and my Daniel is doing what he does best...checking out the hockey!

We are recovering from yesterday's snow. The weatherman promised an inch and we ended up with five. No complaints here, we enjoy winter and despise the heat of August in DC.
So what do the lovers of snow do when the sky is white? Go out in it of course! We walked to our local library where I picked up The Crochet Answer Book and Vogue Knitted Crochet Scarves; I am tired of the same old elementary stitch I know. Daniel found a "deep" book on the Iraq war and to my surprise on the 5 for one dollar shelf was my hero Anthony Bourdain's favorite book The Quiet American by Graham Green. Tony claims he reads this every time he travels to Daniel's homeland.
We made our way in the snow to St.Elmo's coffee shop a neighborhood joint that has treats and colorful locals. Relaxing a bit; reading, crosswords and sipping on coffee and hot chocolate. As time passed and the temperature dropped we worked up the energy to put our layers back on and walk home.
A wonderful afternoon though the day escaped us quickly. I subjected Dan to the movie
District 9 (pretty out of character for me) which turned out to be quite the commentary on our society and priorities.
So somehow snow is paralyzing for us. We did none of our chores and lazed around; good thing I married someone who is just as good at lazing as I!
It's a funny thing about our polar personalities when we are on it's full speed but when we are done we are out!
The photo for your enjoyment is of Lorenzo giving Asian Eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment