Thursday, September 3, 2009

Honored




I received an invitation from my college advisor to become apart of the
Alumni Professional Network at UMBC!! The idea is to create profiles of alumni on a website that current UMBC students can access to learn about possible career paths. How exciting, I could potentially become a mentor to an undergrad at my alma mater!

I was very surprised and excited to see this in my inbox. All I ever wanted in college was for someone to tell me what kind of work is really out there after you finish an Art History degree. It's true, not everyone will be a curator!!

So there it is, I am all grown up now, settled in my career and becoming one of the old folks who helps you youngins' take over our jobs!! WOW...

And not to brag...well maybe I am, check out below UMBC #1 and Dan's alma mater is #2!!


Top Up-and-Coming Schools




These colleges and universities were singled out as schools that have recently made the most promising and innovative changes in academics, faculty, students, campus, or facilities.


NATIONAL UNIVERSITIES

1. Univ. of Md.–Baltimore County*

2. George Mason University (VA)*

2. Northeastern University (MA)

4. Drexel University (PA)

5. Arizona State University*

5. University of Central Florida*

7. Ind. U.–Purdue–Indianapolis*

8. University of Denver (CO)

8. Univ. of Southern California

8. University of Vermont*

11. Clemson University (SC)*

11. Emory University (GA)

11. Rice University (TX)

11. University of S.C.–Columbia*

15. N.C. State University–Raleigh*

15. Ohio State U.–Columbus*

15. Univ. of California–San Diego*

15. University of Cincinnati (OH)*

15. University of North Texas**

Public Source: US News & World Report America’s Best Colleges




No comments:

Post a Comment