Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Momma always said


Vintage Photo Mother and Daughter

Every time I left the house Momma always said "be careful"! Ahhh a mother's love, there is nothing quite like it. Maybe you did, but I hardly ever listened until I met age 30 and beyond (can not reveal the actual number any longer). Today my husband became MOM, "how are you getting home?" he says; I reply, "the sun is out I am walking home" this is to make up for the chocolate I ate today, "I will take the bus if it is raining", I get one last look and one last chance as the train crosses the river. No rain, so I will walk. Hooray the chocolate doesn't stand a chance!

As soon as the train pulled into Braddock Road the heavens opened up, it was pouring. I walked... I thought it's only rain. Then it happened lightning, thunder... the Gods were bowling. All the way home I was thinking, lighting please don't strike me down, I'm not that bad! My mother and my husband will kill me for walking if you don't! I could picture it now, petrified char coaled with my fancy fashion week umbrella melted to my hand. What are the chances of me getting struck by lightning? I was listening to my i pod which was on shuffle,now it was torrential, my pumas were soaked,the streets transformed themselves to babbling brooks I'm wearing a white sundress how can I possibly reach in my bag to turn it off? Crack the lighting again and shuffle ACDC Back in Black comes on...(Dan's play list), practically running now and thinking please don't let me get struck listening to ACDC, what a way to go!
Wheew, I made it! And wouldn't you know it as soon as I put the key in the door the rain stopped.
That is my luck, though I did not die and I will listen next time and wait the rain out. By the way, I reminded Daniel just this morning to bring his umbrella, "there is a chance of rain today".

No comments:

Post a Comment