Thursday, November 13, 2008

Holiday Tuesday!



Tuesday was a big day for me. I had all these plans for the apartment: painting my hutch, putting up new lights from Ikea, cleaning out a bookshelf and doing some laundry! This did not come to fruition, I accomplished zip, zilch, nada, none of the above!
WHY...because my Mom, Christie and the girls came to town for some VA shopping!! I am not one to turn down a day of shopping or a day with the girls. At first there was some disappointment from the little troops that Uncle Dan was not around but by mid day Catie proclaimed this was a girls day, no boys allowed!! Audrey concurred.
We had a blast and got some great deals which you can see is apparent in the picture below! The littlest shoppers had a lot of patience but we had to take breaks from the program to fuel up. We had lunch at Panera and then hit Homegoods and TJMAXX. I knew it was time for another break when the girls where hanging off the side of the shopping cart while we where in line, and then crash, the shopping cart fell on them....after we checked to be sure they were OK we laughed it off and went for ice cream at Johnny Rockets, every kids delight! Catie ended up with a skinned knee but there is something about vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup and whipped cream that makes everything all better.Dan actually had to come and pick me up from Trader Joe's because there was no more room at the inn!

In the evening Cathy, Chris and Kate came over and treated me to a belated BOMBAY CURRY birthday dinner! It was fantastic as usual complete with too much sangiovese, good conversation, and wonderful gifts!
Thanks for a great night! I love yooos guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment