Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Non-essential Club Member

Shut down the government, what a disgrace.  At midnight last night the shut down was official however as a government employee I was required to report to work today for 4 hours to receive my furlough papers and perform any necessary actions to shut down my office.   It was so surreal to check in only to return home indefinitely.  I have been working since I was 17 years old, all through college and so on, there has never been a time in my life where I was not required to be somewhere...this is so strange.  
I have a laundry list of things I can do around the house including packing for our upcoming trip to Europe for my BIG 40 birthday!   I will try to use my time wisely and maybe even take an extra yoga class or two...goodness knows I will need it if this carries on too long!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment