Thursday, October 1, 2009

Its ON


Last weekend we went to the Capitals Convention to kick off the hockey season 09-10.
This is our year to ROCK THE RED!
As you may recall last year we lost the Stanley Cup in game 7 of 7 in the conference semi-finals, to Penguins. Yes, JUST Peguins.
Daniel had a GREAT day and I must admit it was a lot of fun. I am sure I loved the conference for my own personal list of reasons that are not all all related to Daniel's idea of a perfect day of hockey.
There is something about sexy, sporty men with foreign accents. Hmmmm I could learn to like this game! I show you why below.

We started at the equipment sale where Daniel purchased a real practice jersey; pretty cool! There were many vendors selling collectible memorabilia.
I sat a top the Zamboni and we cruised through a staged locker room. After a light breakfast we sat second row from the main stage to listen to Coach Boudreau talk about the team and the refreshing new season. Very Exciting!!!
We were also able to listen to different seminars on the game including my favorite part "Dropping the Gloves"! This is the part when I acted like a groupie and got Alan May #16 from the late 80's to sign my CAPS baseball hat (though this was only on loan to me, *wink*). Daniel had his jersey signed by the goalie Varlamov otherwise know as "Varly" and Pothier a defenseman. (Daniel is coaching me right now, if you think I know this stuff your Crazzieee. Here is what I know, the other goalie Jose Theodore is HOT!). I do like goalies since that is the position Mr. Babydoll plays.


No comments:

Post a Comment