Thursday, October 22, 2009

ARGGHHHH...Martha!







So, it is infuriating when you order a magazine so you can receive your pristine copy prior to the rest of the world who will buy it off of the newsstand. SO, I ordered Martha Stewart Living and Body & Soul all for the low low price of $10.00 in September thinking I would receive the October issue! No such luck...I practically mowed down Daniel everyday of this month so far to get to the mailbox first. I wanted to be the one to open the box and hold that wonderful publication in my arms. Arghhh not today, not yesterday, not so far...



Well being the patient one that I am (hee hee) I called Martha today, well I called Living. You see, I also get FOOD which I received this week (the November issue, note: before everyone else). When I looked at the address label my heart sank because the apartment number said "D", well we live in D9 and used to live in D1 so maybe my magazine got lost? Maybe the new neighbors from Massachusetts (in our old apt) stole it. AWWW so I called. The young lady at Living was very nice and told me not to worry my subscription starts November1st. Well hello....the November issue is on the news stands already! Where is mine? AND hrmpph...why didn't I get October when I received an email asking me how I like my first issue? SO guess what!! The nice operator is sending me back issues from October of each magazine in a special manila envelope!! Wooo Hoo it will be here before Halloween and really that is all I care about!!



What do they say...? The squeaky wheel gets the oil!!



Now, if I could just get Martha to make a new free bag (free gift with subscription) the baby blue and canvas shopper is not so hip anymore!

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha. I complain every time I get my magazine subscription after it hits the newsstands. Rusty just looks at me like I'm insane.

    I always say, "Where is mine! Why haven't I gotten it yet! Isn't the point of being a subscriber to get it before everyone else!!"

    Again, he just gives me 'the look.'

    ReplyDelete