Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Lets Go DC!!!!

Nationals ballpark

OK, so no such luck! There were 41,500 and something people in the Nationals stadium tonight and I think maybe 30,000 of those were BOSTON fans...Awww jeez just go home! Well how much you wanna make a bet they are home?! Dan had a great time in the 7th inning when the Sox slammed the Nats. Final score 11 to 3; pathetic.
Naomi and Nick joined us for the game and did an exit stage left right after the slam! I don't blame them but I was with my guy and he is a Boston man. We waited it out. It was a fun night with great friends and good seats just 32 rows from the field and 2 sections over from first base. Naomi and I tried terribly hard to shout out for the DC NATS but no one heard us!
I wonder why...Red Sox SUCK, LET'S GO YANKEES! (I had to fit that in somewhere!)

Thank you Chris for the tickets, we (especially Daniel) really enjoyed them!
By the way, the new stadium is really special and classic in appearance. I just love the clock on the scoreboard!! It is the W with baseball bats for hands and stars for numbers!


Though the sculptures in the entrance are very strange. They are meant to show movement something like the Italian futurism movement in painting and sculpture of the early 20th century.







Truthfully, I did not see this in those sculptures.
Art critic Blake Gopnik called it right; Nationals' Sculptures: No Hits, Just Errors
You can read his review here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/04/08/AR2009040804233.html


The bronze sculpture of Washington Senator Walter Johnson by artist <span class=Omri Amrany (artist)


Here we have pitcher...or octopus? I think we can all see what he was working towards however to me there is nothing other than multiple arms and balls that represent movement. The face and upper body are very stiff and without any real excitement or indication of an action taking place.

Besides the creepy sculptures the stadium is gorgeous and very comfortable.
Now all we need are fans and a better team!