Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Manhattan Special


Where has this been hiding all my life? I finally took the time to sit down and read my most recent issue of Saveur magazine and discovered Manhattan Special. I spent the first years of my life in Staten Island, NY, grew up with New Yorkers and have never seen this! I have been a supporter of all coffee drinks and by far there is nothing better than a piping hot and frothy espresso from a bar in Italy! This is a family recipe of Italian immigrants espresso sweetened with pure cane sugar said to be the best of coffee drinks. Unfortunately this is not sold in Virginia but I think I know someone who could find this for me! My very good friends Rachel and her husband Rusty are new residents of Brooklyn, how fortunate!!

No comments:

Post a Comment